Requirements of piping supports in piping system are:
· To carry the weight of the pipe, fittings, valves with/without insulation, with operating/test fluid.
· To provide adequate stiffness to the piping against external loads such as wind load, ice, snow, seismic load etc.
· To avoid overstressing of the piping material.
· To avoid of sagging of pipe which creates draining problem.
· To control the thermal expansion/contraction in desired manner.
· To withstand & dampen vibration produced by connected equipment such as pump, compressor etc..
1. Hanger/Support: To sustain the dead weight of the piping system.
· 1.Rigid Hanger
· 2.Spring Hanger : a. Variable B. Constant
2. Restraint: To restrict the movement due to thermal/dynamic loading.
· Directional Anchor
· U Clamps
3. Vibration Absorbers: To restrict the movement due to vibration caused by wind,earthquake,fluid flow.
- Sway Bruce
- Hold down