1. The design should meet the requirements of the relevant code.
2. The material used shall be in accordance with the latest revision of the standards.
3. If ASTM materials are used, then the materials adopted by ASME/ANSI should be preferred.
4. The selection of material should follow the norms below:
· Carbon steel shall be used up to 425C.
· Low temperature steel shall be used below 20C.
· Alloy carbon steel shall be used above 425C.
· For corrosive fluids recommendations from the process licensor to be followed.